Sacramento Republic will kick off the 2020 season Saturday at home against Tulsa FC at Papa Murphy’s Park, and with the season around the corner, there’s a new jersey for the new year.
The new away jersey, called the “Heritage Kit,” celebrates the title-winning inaugural 2014 campaign, with the Old Glory Red sash over a white base echoing a similar jersey going all the way back to the beginning.
Back to where it all started.— Republic FC (@SacRepublicFC) March 2, 2020
Introducing the Heritage kit, our away kit for the 2020 season. #IndomitableCity #IndomitableClub pic.twitter.com/7Pr00tHKE0
The home jersey will remain the same as last year’s for 2020, so both kits will have red sashes, a nice bit of continuity in the kits, which is just aesthetically pleasing to me, I can’t explain it.
You can buy the new jersey in the team’s stores, online and in the physical realm.
More details surrounding the new jersey:
- Big win to close out preseason: It’s just preseason, etc., but SRFC closed out the tune-ups in impressive fashion by coming out of a 2-0 deficit to beat Real Monarchs 3-2. Kharlton Belmar scored the first goal in the rally, before Villyan Bijev’s brace pulled Republic FC level and then ahead at Papa Murphy’s Park. Needless to say, spirits are high in Sactown heading into the season.
- New 916 Republic podcast: The latest episode is out, with the guys recapping the above game, getting postgame quotes from head coach Mark Briggs, and gearing up for the season opener. Time to get pumped up for the season!
- Grinwis tabbed as GK to watch: As part of their leaguewide season previews, the league website highlighted Sacramento goalkeeper Adam Grinwis as one of the players to watch at his position this season. SRFC fans will hope that’s the case for 2020.
- Preseason Power Rankings: Where do Sac Republic sit in the league’s Week 0 ranks? They clock in at No. 6 to get the campaign started, only Phoenix Rising and Orange County SC sitting ahead of them among Western Conference teams.
- Keven Aleman rumor: Unclear how much stock to take in this, but a report emerged that Keven Aleman is headed to a team in the Canadian Premier League. Aleman spent the last two seasons with Sacramento, but he’s not been mentioned by the club in preseason and I think fans have been waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding his next destination.
Sources tell me that Keven Aleman is very likely to sign in CPL. Atletico Ottawa is the front runner to get the former #CanMNT and Deportivo Saprissa player’s signature. Half of the league’s clubs have inquired about him. #CanPL— Thomas Nef (@ThomasNef2) March 3, 2020
Today’s question: What do you think of the new jersey? Like it, love it, hate it? Let’s chat in the comments below!