The preseason is right around the corner for Sacramento Republic FC, and not a moment too soon. While other USL Championship teams continue to announce news at a blistering pace, Sac Republic have mostly kept their powder dry lately. Partly it’s because they have the moves in place already, no need to do busy work. But it will be nice to see the players back out on the field.
I want to take this opportunity to reiterate that we want to hear from you. What kinds of coverage do you want to see on Indomitable City Soccer? Let us know in the comments below!
Here’s some news for your Tuesday morning:
- Sac Republic roast McGregor fight: Conor McGregor made his MMA comeback against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone on Saturday, and the pay per view event lasted all of 40 seconds of fighting in the main event, before the Irishman won. Sac Republic made a good point about the most cost-effective way to spend your sports money on Twitter:
A ticket to our matches will cost you less than a PPV and will definitely last longer than 40 sec — 90 minutes to be exact. #UFC246 pic.twitter.com/Ozp4EkinDS— Republic FC (@SacRepublicFC) January 19, 2020
- New 916 Republic podcast: It’s a two-man operation on the latest pod, as the guys go over the latest news, including preseason games, former SRFC folks’ latest exploits and more.
- More road trip breakdown: Over on the team’s website, they break down some of the notable road trips coming for Sacramento this coming season. While Fresno FC are out (which is a bummer) there’s a first-ever trip to San Diego coming this year to take on San Diego Loyal FC, among other trips.
- Apparel deals around USL: Speaking of San Diego Loyal, they’ll be wearing Adidas gear this year, while New Mexico United announced they will be wearing Puma kits in 2020.
- Chicharito signs with LA Galaxy: In news that may be relevant to Sacramento Republic come 2022, the LA Galaxy announced they have signed Mexican superstar Chicharito. Will he be a hit in MLS? Seems likely, but will he be coming to Sacramento in the future? Stay tuned.
Again, let us know your feedback. What do you like from these morning roundups? What do you want to see more of? The more feedback, the better! Let’s chat in the comments.