April 8th, 2017 - Tyler Blackwood scores against the Tulsa Roughnecks in the 67th minute to give Sacramento a 2-0 lead en route to their third-straight win to open the season. That was the last USL goal that the Republic have scored to date.
We’ve got a USL goal drought of 563 minutes and counting. That is 9 hours and 23 minutes of league play without a goal. Over 19% of the regular season minutes that Sacramento will play for the entire season.
What other things can you have done in that time period?
- Work a full eight hour work day, take an hour off for lunch, and get a little bit of overtime in.
- Watch the original Star Wars trilogy, Episode VII, and still have over half an hour for popcorn refills and bathroom breaks.
- Watch every USL playoff game that Sacramento has participated in over all three seasons they have existed. Although I don’t know why you’d want to subject yourself to the 2015 and 2016 ones.
- Watch the entire theatrical release of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Thankfully we’re not in extended edition territory just yet.
- Drive from Sacramento to watch the Republic play in Reno, watch the entire game, hang out for an hour post game, and drive back to Sacramento.
- Listen to all 13 of The Beatles core albums back to back to back.
Those are just some of the things that you can do in 563 minutes. I’m sure there are plenty more. Let us know in the comments what type of things you would rather have used those 563 minutes for. You can also use #563Minutes on Twitter and we will share some of our favorites!