Week 22 USL Matches
There were 17 games in USL action for Week 22, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- Sacramento Republic FC posted their usual sellout with 11,569 to see the newly christened “Donner Pass Derby” versus Reno
- Tampa Bay Rowdies hit their second highest mark of the season with 6,710 showing up in their third match against former NASL foes Ottawa Fury
- Rio Grande Valley announced a crowd of 6,714 against Whitecaps 2
- Orange County SC opened their new permanent home at Champions Soccer Stadium with two matches. A soft opening versus Tulsa on Tuesday drew 1,543, while the official Grand Opening on Friday against Phoenix Rising brought in 4,963
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks posted their season-high with 4,437 against Los Dos
- Richmond bounced back to find some of their early season attendance success with 5,059 showing up against TFC2
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 22
No major shifts in the total table this week. Independently owned teams continue to drive growth for USL.
One More Thing…
Each week I do a less detailed overview of Division 2 attendance (both USL and NASL) over on Twitter. While it doesn’t show as much depth, you can check out where your club stands in the greater D2 landscape right there.
#USL & #NASL Attendance Wk 22: Republic w/ sellout #10; Rowdies & RGV both @~6,700; Cosmos over 6k; Orange County SC open new stadium w/ 5k pic.twitter.com/VntbmdW3z8— Mike Pendleton (@phat7deuce) August 21, 2017
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!