Week 22 USL Matches
There were 17 games in USL action for Week 22, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- Sacramento Republic FC posted their usual sellout with 11,569 to see the newly christened “Donner Pass Derby” versus Reno
- Tampa Bay Rowdies hit their second highest mark of the season with 6,710 showing up in their third match against former NASL foes Ottawa Fury
- Rio Grande Valley announced a crowd of 6,714 against Whitecaps 2
- Orange County SC opened their new permanent home at Champions Soccer Stadium with two matches. A soft opening versus Tulsa on Tuesday drew 1,543, while the official Grand Opening on Friday against Phoenix Rising brought in 4,963
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks posted their season-high with 4,437 against Los Dos
- Richmond bounced back to find some of their early season attendance success with 5,059 showing up against TFC2
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 22
No major shifts in the total table this week. Independently owned teams continue to drive growth for USL.
One More Thing…
Each week I do a less detailed overview of Division 2 attendance (both USL and NASL) over on Twitter. While it doesn’t show as much depth, you can check out where your club stands in the greater D2 landscape right there.
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!