Week 23 USL Matches
There were 16 games in USL action for Week 23, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- Four of the top five teams in USL attendance were all in action last Wednesday. While midweek matches tend to provide the biggest challenge in drawing a crowd, each team did remarkably well. FC Cincinnati stayed just above the 20k level against Ottawa Fury, Sacramento Republic sold out Papa Murphy’s Park again, and both Louisville City and San Antonio drew over 6k in their Wednesday matches
- Louisville City was also in action on Saturday with 8,251 showing up against Orlando City B
- Ottawa Fury pulled a crowd of 6,694 for a midday Sunday match against NYRBII (which was slightly delayed by a transportation issue for the Baby Bulls)
- Phoenix Rising returned home on Saturday to a crowd of 5,693
- Reno and St. Louis also topped the 4k mark for the week
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 23
In total, USL passed the 1.5 million mark – besting the total from last season. With several weeks left to go, the 2M milestone is in sight.
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!