Week 20 USL Matches
There were 20 games in USL action for Week 20, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- FC Cincinnati packed 25,308 into Nippert, once again topping their regular season high and also setting a USL Regular Season record.
- Sacramento booked their 9th sellout with attendance of 11,569
- San Antonio FC played Orange County bringing in 6,725
- The Rowdies played to 5,619 on the final game of a 3-match homestand
- A couple of teams posted mid-week season lows on Wednesday – Los Dos with 636 and OKC Energy with 2,650
- Charlotte Independence brought in 2,648 against Louisville – matching their season-high from when they opened the Sportsplex at Matthews
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 20
In the total table, one of the most notable insights is the clump of MLS-owned teams at the bottom end of the spectrum. For most, the draw continues to pull down the USL total average. Three teams have managed to pull away from that pack.
- Timbers 2, who play at Providence Park, are averaging 2,502. Their season high of 7,277 came when they brought local school kids in for a mid-day match on a city-wide field trip.
- Bethlehem Steel consistently announces totals of around 3,000 (even if the totals don’t always meet the eyeball test).
- Real Monarchs have also steadily posted good numbers – averaging 2,122 through 10 games. They move into their own 5,000 seat stadium at the new RSL Academy facility next season.
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!