One more poll in Indomitable City Soccer’s postseason awards for Sacramento Republic FC, and it’s a big one — team MVP for the 2020 season.
We’ve whittled the field down to five players, the winners of each of the positional group awards we’ve been handing out the past couple weeks, plus the team’s leading scorer for the season. Here’s the rundown of the field:
- Villyan Bijev: Winner of the ICS Attacker of the Year, the versatile playmaker/scorer posted four goals and two assists in 16 appearances in 2020 for Republic FC.
- Rafael Diaz: The veteran goalkeeper started the season as the backup to Adam Grinwis, but took over as the No. 1 after a season-ending injury and and never looked back. Diaz made 10 appearances, allowing eight goals and posting an impressive 80 percent save percentage.
- Dariusz Formella: Sacramento Republic’s leading scorer, the Polish attacker had eight goals in 14 appearances, double the next-closest scorer and tied for 11th leaguewide in goals.
- Hayden Sargis: The ICS Defender of the Year, Sargis played 15 games in 2020, his first professional season, leading the team in minutes and was also named a finalist for USL Championship Young Player of the Year.
- Drew Skundrich: The ICS Midfielder of the Year, Skundrich was the captain of the squad for most of the season, and the two-way player had a key role on both sides of the ball in his 13 appearances.
So, which player was the MVP for Sacramento Republic in 2020? Time to cast the last ballot of the year (promise!) and tell us who deserves the crown.
Who was Sacramento Republic’s MVP in 2020?
This poll is closed
Make your case for your pick in the comments below!