Week 18 USL Matches
There were 15 games in USL action for Week 18, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- After four straight 20k-plus regular season matches, FC Cincinnati dipped to (a still impressive) 18,334 hosting the City Islanders on Saturday. The match was originally scheduled for the following Tuesday, but was moved due to FCC’s upcoming friendly with Valencia CF.
- Sacramento Republic logged their eighth straight sellout (11,569) of the season against S2 on Sunday night
- Both Texas teams passed the 7k mark, with San Antonio at 7,642 in their clash with Real Monarchs for supremacy in the West. RGV reported 7,304 in a midweek matchup against Orange County SC
- Tulsa Roughnecks posted their season-high of 2017 with 5,647 showing up against Phoenix Rising
- Reno continues to be impressive in their first season, crossing 6,000 for the third time in the last four home matches
- The Rowdies hosted Charleston in a Throwback Night in St. Pete with 5,619 in attendance
- Rochester Rhinos, who have been experiencing a rough year to date, had their second best night of 2017 (3,269) in an Old Guard showdown with Pittsburgh
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 18
Through 18 weeks, 18 clubs are experiencing positive growth vs. 2016. The top three clubs in growth (Phoenix Rising, Rio Grande Valley, and Orange County SC) all have moved into new venues this year.
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!