Week 19 USL Matches
There were 17 games in USL action for Week 19, here are a few highlights from the stands:
- FC Cincinnati put up their USL regular season-high, bringing in 23,548 vs. Rochester (more on that later). This is on top of drawing 23,144 in a Monday night friendly against Valencia CF
- Louisville City topped 10k for the second time this season against Red Bulls II, second only to their rivalry match with FCC — which they rekindle in their next home game at Slugger Field.
- Ottawa Fury has been quietly climbing up the attendance rankings after a slow start to their inaugural USL season due to some unfortunate weather and a deep Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup run. Fury FC put up 6,763 in a battle with TFC2 on Saturday
- RGV posted 6,112 on a Wednesday matchup against Real Monarchs.
- Tampa Bay Rowdies posted 5,737 in the second game of a 3 match homestand against Pittsburgh.
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks topped 4k for the second time in the last four matches, as warmer weather has helped their support numbers rise.
2017 USL Attendance: Through Week 19
With Cincinnati setting their own season high, they become the first USL club to average over 20,000 per game. FCC has 4 home matches left and a chance to keep their season goal of ending over that magic mark in reach.
Through this week 1.25 Million people have streamed through the gates to catch USL matches around the league with USL Independently owned teams continuing to drive the growth.
Reactions, points of clarity, analysis? Add your commentary on your club (or the league) in the comments below!